Some jobs have a choice of start and stop times of the work day as well as scheduled breaks. The work is compartmentalized, segmented with a flexible timeline.
But, not your job. Your day is filled with uninterruptible tasks of half hour training rides, multiple and consecutive one hour private and group lessons and horse care tasks on a regimen.
Nothing waits until tomorrow.
- You can't skip feeding tonight and double the morning ration to make it up.
- Students won't take two lessons back to back
next time for the one you cancel this afternoon.
- A three hour horse training session on Sunday morning won't substitute for the six half hour sessions missed Monday through Saturday.
Your productivity and financial success is a function of your ability to say NO when you need to.
- NO to lunch invites that deny you the most productive hours of your day.
- NO to unnecessary phone calls filled with idle chit-chat when you're on a mission.
- NO to the impatient whose selfish urgency won't wait for an answer or help when YOU can offer it.
Not silver, gold or diamonds, Time is your prescious commodity. The best way to protect it is with the power of NO.